Simple things are the best, don’t you think? I believe it holds true in many areas in life and I appreciate simplicity in the kitchen very much. We eat daily and since we try to eat a rather healthy food we cook a lot. Having a small collection of recipes which we love to eat again and again has simplified our decision process as well as our shopping list. Recently we added these 4-ingredient chocolate truffles to our rotation. At first, it was an experiment, but now it’s one of the easiest, quick to make, healthy snacks we make.
When I was a child, we used to make a bean chocolate roulade. Thus using legumes in a dessert is nothing new to me. I would say you would know there are chickpeas used as the main ingredient in these truffles, but I guess I’m probably biassed. 😉
If you have never tried a dessert made of beans or chickpeas, give this one a try. It’s easy to make, calls for simple ingredients, and it’s delicious. It’s another easy way how to get more legumes, protein, and fiber to your diet. If you give these a try, let me know in the comments how it went and whether you could taste the chickpeas in these chocolate truffles.
4-ingredient chocolate truffles
Servings: about 20 truffles
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (if using canned chickpeas, rinse and drain it)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- Add the chickpeas to a food processor and process until they are chopped to almost a flour consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until well combined.
- Put the mixture in a fridge for 30 minutes to chill. When the mixture is chilled, take a heaping teaspoon of the mixture at a time and form a small ball between your palms. Don’t eat them all at once 😉 The truffles can be stored in the fridge for a few days.