Lately, we have been baking a lot. It’s baking season after all. We baked bread, cakes, and scones. We baked salmon, vegetables, and fries. Lately, we baked a lot of fries. Not just plain old potato fries, but all kinds of vegetable fries. Our favorites are a combo of potato, sweet potato, and carrot fries and we always serve them with a dressing. This 3-ingredient yogurt dressing is our current favorite!
This is not only a season of baking but apparently a season of Netflix binge-watching. Or am I alone? I recently started to watch How I Met Your Mother again, and I’m having so much fun. Some of the episodes are hilarious, and I’m laughing out loud even when I watch it alone. You just have to laugh at some of the jokes 🙂
We also started to watch the new Star Trek. It’s a Netflix original series, and they are producing episodes of the first season just now. IT’s so much different than the Star Trek: New Generation which we watched last year but also really good.
And there are some other series I have on my list to watch, like The Crown, I heard only good things about the series. And I also heard that Stranger Things are addictive so that it might be next on the menu 😉
Usually, this series/movie addiction eases out with spring and summer weather, but until then I have a few weeks of binge-watching in front of me.
And to a successful movie night or an afternoon with Netflix, we need a tasty snack. These fries are just great for that. It’s a healthier option than store-bought chips and even more delicious. And the yogurt dressing, it’s such a versatile condiment that we add it on top of a salad, into wraps, or on roasted vegetables.
In the season when there are not much of fresh vegetables, we try to eat at least a lot of root vegetables, such as carrots, or potatoes. And it’s much easier to eat them when they are in a form of fries 😉
Bon appetite friends!
Oven Baked Fries and 3-Ingredient Yogurt Dressing
- for the fries:
- 400g potatoes
- 400g sweet potato
- 400g carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- for the dressing:
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- Peel the vegetables and cut them into fries about 5 cm long, and 1 cm thick.
- Mix the vegetables in a large bowl. Pour one tablespoon of the olive oil over the vegetables, add salt, and mix well. Repeat one more time.
- Spread the vegetable fries on a large baking sheet and bake at 200 degrees Celsius for about 30 – 35 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl combine the yogurt, minced garlic, and Cajun spice. Taste and add more Cajun if needed.
- Serve the dressing on top of the hot fries or on a side for dipping.