Mid-November and about five weeks until Christmas mean that it’s time to think about presents, don’t you think? I brainstorm the gift ideas throughout the year, write down the things I think would make someone happy. It makes it easier to buy presents in the last several weeks before Christmas. I’ve been doing it this way for years now, and it helps to fight the typical pre-Christmas stress. At least a bit.
I usually get plenty of ideas right after the Christmas. Probably because the deadline is over. I see what others gave and received at it jump starts my gift giving part of the brain.
For the past couple of weeks, I have been revising my list, deciding who will get what, and buying first presents. Down below are some of the things I like. Those are gifts I received or gave in the past, or the things that made it on my list of potential Christmas presents for this year. They can all be considered as gifts for food lovers.
I gathered, I grouped the items into four categories. There are gifts for an avid baker, aspiring barista, home chef, and hostess. But truly, the lines between these groups are blurred. I’m sure at least one thing here would make someone close to you happy.
Without further ado, here are the gift ideas for food lovers. You can find the links to the products under each picture.
- apron (this one’s from H&M)
- measuring spoons to make baking easier and more concise
- IKEA food container, ideal for storing ingredients, leftover cake frosting, or even for baking single portion cakes
- beautiful cake slice from Zara
- every baker’s favorite ingredients: Bourbon vanilla extract, Ceylon cinnamon, and Callebaut dark chocolate chips
- customized dough roller pin, you can find the one from the picture here, or search on Etsy for more options
- stainless steel mocha machine, Severin milk frother, and coffee beans from local roastery (e.g., Corica in Brussels)
- to serve with style – basic IKEA cappuccino cups and cute IKEA cream and sugar pots
- coffee prints from Etsy to learn correct coffee, milk, foam ratio of all favorite coffee drinks
- a beautiful coffee table book to leaf through during an afternoon coffee break, e.g., this one from Emily Henderson
- Lodge cast iron pan
- cooking basics: salt, oil, and vinegar
- mini kitchen tools
- ice cream spoon useful not just for an ice cream (check out this 10 ways to use an ice cream scoop)
- a cookbook, like the Green Kitchen at Home, to inspire new kitchen creations
- stylish pot holder and tea towels (light gray or dark green)
- wood serving plate, for salads, nuts or chips
- salad utensils decorated with funny rabbit heads
- round cutting board (great as a cheese plate)
- plant wax candle with a beautiful but light scent
- linen napkins
- famous Neuhaus Belgian chocolate or a jar of a yummy jam
I’m sure these gift ideas are incomplete and missing some cool stuff. What are your gift ideas for food lovers? Can you share them in the comments?