I love to read, and at any point in time, there’s a stack of books on my bookshelf waiting to be read. I’m switching from novels and memoirs to self-development books, science or business books. I’m interested in everything, and I love to go from one genre to another. And I’m already looking forward to the next book I’ll read.
I believe that the books are the best gifts. I love to recommend, lend, or give the books I read and loved to my friends. Books are great conversation starters and a beautiful way to share and learn about beliefs, opinions, and wisdom of others.
I shared my favorite books from 2016 in January, and you can read about them here. I’m sharing my 2017 favorites now since I’m sure this list can serve as a gift guide. I believe it might help you in your Christmas shopping.
Best Books I Read in 2017
These are the top 10 books I read in the past eleven months. I would recommend them to any of my friends. There are some 2017 releases as well as older books. There are some novels and memoirs, personal-development books as well as a business book. All of them were engaging, interesting, funny or thought-provoking. I hope you’ll find a book for you or a lovely gift for someone on the list below.
- Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
- 10% Happier by Dan Harris
- The Little Book of Hygge by Meik Wiking (you can read my review here)
- The Longevity Book by Cameron Diaz (you can read my review here)
- In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume
- In the Company of Women by Grace Bonney
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
- The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan
- At Home in the World by Tsh Oxenrider (you can read my review here)
- Chasing Slow by Erin Loechner (you can read my review here)
What are your 2017 favorites? Are there books you would recommend? Please, share them in the comments!