When I found this recipe for avocado spaghetti about two years ago, I loved it right away. Since then it is a staple in our diet. I crave it so often that we prepare it almost every week. It’s extremely easy to make; it calls for common ingredients most of which we usually have in our pantry, and it’s ready within 15 minutes.
I also like the fact that it can be easily prepared for just one person which is often difficult with many other recipes. And of course, this recipe can be easily adjusted for more people. We also like to prepare each portion of sauce separately as it gives us the flexibility to season it according to each person’s preferences.
The only disadvantage is that you cannot make it in advance because avocado doesn’t reheat well. But since preparation takes only 15 minutes, it’s not a big deal. And anyway, everything tastes better when it’s freshly made.
I found the recipe on Oh She Glows blog and slightly adapted it.
- 1 serving of whole wheat spaghetti
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ tablespoon of lemon juice (start with one tablespoon and add more to taste)
- 1 ½ – 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast (also start with one tablespoon and add more to taste)
- 5 cherry tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 1 green onion sliced
- sesame seeds
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Place half of the avocado in a bowl and mash it with a fork until smooth.
- Add the olive oil, crushed garlic, lemon juice (start with one tablespoon) and salt into mashed avocado and mix well.
- Add the nutritional yeast (start with one tablespoon) and mix well.
- Taste the sauce and add the additional salt, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast if needed and mix all together.
- Once the spaghetti are cooked, drain it and add it to the bowl with sauce, mix well to cover all spaghetti with the sauce.
- Before serving garnish with cherry tomatoes, green onion, and sesame seeds