This Asian noodle bowl was an attempt to recreate a dish we tried years ago in Madrid. While walking the streets of the city we spotted a takeaway Asian chain restaurant called Wok to Walk. The first time, we had no idea whether the food will be good or not, but we really like the idea of customized Asian noodle and rice bowls, prepared from fresh ingredients right in front of our eyes. Since we saw the whole process of preparing these bowls, we had no problem to recreate them at home.
Today I will share with you our version of the Asian noodle bowl with chicken and vegetables. We played with different combinations of ingredients and liked this mix the most. They are available at every store, year around and I love how colorful the final noodle bowls are. We prepare each portion separately. It takes a bit more time, but we can each prepare it according to our preferences.
Take our recipe as a suggestion because the variations you can come up with are endless. You can use whatever ingredients you like in stir-fries and if you need an inspiration check the menu of Wok to Walk on their website.
Asian Noodle Bowl with Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 portions of whole wheat spaghetti (or another kind of noodles)
- 1 chicken breast, cut into small cubes or thin stripes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 100 grams snow peas
- 4-5 tablespoons soy sauce (e.g. tamari)
- 2-3 tablespoons tahini
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- 2 cm piece of ginger, minced (optional)
- sesame seeds
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick pan. When heated, add the cubed chicken breast and fry for a few minutes. At last, sprinkle with the sweet paprika powder and a little bit of salt. Transfer fried chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- When the noodles are cooked drain it, mix with a spoon of olive oil and set aside.
- Start to prepare the first portion. In the same pan where you fried chicken, fry a half of the cut vegetables for about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are softened, add half of the fried chicken.
- Next, add half of the cooked noodles and mix well. Season with the soy sauce, tahini, and ginger.
- Taste and add more soy sauce, tahini or ginger if needed and mix once more.
- Place into bowls and garnish before serving.
- Use the second half of the ingredients to prepare the second noodle bowl.